Buying a property in Spain can be quite daunting.
Just like any country, it has regional regulations, dialects, cuisines, building styles and climates.
This is a brief checklist that may help you. In addition, we also provide a free Spanish property buyers guide.
- Choose your area (read more)
- Think about the property you want and see what is available (read more)
- Affordability – Fix your budget and discuss finance with a professional Arrange an inspection visit so you can see the property and get a feel for the area. (read more)
- Make an offer
- Do you require currency exchange? – Contact us for a list of verified FX specialists)
- Do you require a mortgage? – We work with the top 5 mortgage providers in Spain
- Lawyers – If you require a lawyer, we can introduce you to several lawyers here in Spain.
- Deposit and completion – Our aftersales team will assist you and liaise with your lawyers, FX providers and mortgage providers to provide a seamless completion process
- Property taxes and purchasing costs – Depending upon your purchase (resale or newbuild) There will be various taxes and costs. We can provide you with the latest costs and taxes that will be applicable the property that you are interested in.